Monday 3 September 2012

Hello Meal Planning Monday!

I have been very remiss in doing much in the way of blogging recently and have and endless stream if excuses (work, school run, camping trips, and on and on and on) but the one thing I have managed to do is Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday linky - mainly because I meal plan every week in an attempt to save cash (thrifty and all that) so here's this week's meal plan:

Monday
Breaded Haddock, Mushy Peas and Chips - bit of a Friday meal on a Monday but I just fancied it ( because that's the way I roll - hah!)

Tuesday
Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese - made with Quorn mince, garlic, tinned tomatoes, grated courgette and carrot (disguised from the cherubs) bit of oregano all bubbled up together until thickened and served with whole meal spaghetti. Yum!

Wednesday
Tuna Nicoise - new potatoes, boiled eggs, tinned tuna, green beans and salad leaves with olive oil and balsamic. Easy peasy (especially on hockey, Rainbows, Cubs night!)

Thursday
Chorizo, pepper and chickpea salad - we LOVE chorizo in our house (you may have noticed) so here it is yet again, sliced, griddles and served up with chickpeas, roast pepper (from a jar) and salad leaves drizzled in lemon juice and olive oil. Just as well my kids eat salad!

Friday
Oriental Trout and Broccoli Traybake - straight from Good Food but with trout instead of salmon as CB hates salmon. Trout fillets, broccoli florets, spring onions, olive oil and soya sauce - bang it in the oven for 20 mins and Bob's your uncle! (Actually I don't have an uncle Bob so have never really 'got' that expression but hey ho, you catch my drift?)

Saturday
Roast chicken - I love roast chicken. Nuff said. I shall be serving this with some of my apple, rhubarb and raspberry crumble (or whatever fruit we have) which I tart up a bit with the inclusion of mixed nuts and Demerara sugar in the topping mix (which I usually buy from Tesco as it's dairy free and makes life easy!)

5 comments:

  1. Chorizo is a big hit in our house too, your Chorizo, pepper and chickpea salad sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, writing the list just made me hungry!

      Delete
  2. We love chorizo here too! Lovely selection of meals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just wish someone else would do the shopping!

      Delete
  3. I think I shall visit you on Thursday and Friday please!

    ReplyDelete